[GRASS-user] categories in raster map

FAROUX STEPHANIE stephanie.faroux at meteo.fr
Thu Feb 26 08:01:44 EST 2009

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 26/02/09 13:34, FAROUX STEPHANIE wrote:
>> FAROUX STEPHANIE wrote:

>>> Thank you. And how do you put labels on categories please?
>>>
>> I use r.reclass that's it?
>
> No, r.reclass "changes" category values, not labels.
>
> I think it would be better if you explained a bit more clearly what
> you want to do, i.e. what do you have and what would you like to have.
>
> Normally, r.category seems to be what you are looking for, using the
> rules= option.
>
> I do see that the man page might not be particularly clear on its
> usage (the Description part only mentions printing, not managing
> labels and the part on dynamic labels is a bit cryptic). But the
> section "Input from a file" should give you what you need.
>
> Moritz

Ok. I see it in the manual page of the 6.5 version.
Actually i work with the 6.2 version (i'm at office and i haven't
"control" on the installed version) and i think r.cats doesn't have this
option. But with r.reclass i achieved.
Here i have a map with integer categories values; i want to recode these
categories but keep old values as labels.
Stéphanie