[GRASS-user] Long post - Remote Sensing - Classifications

mitch_TX reflexeos at yahoo.it
Thu Feb 26 09:52:27 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 21:28 -0800, Hamish wrote:
Hamish:
> > i.class map=spot.comp group=spotspear subgroup=spot.test outsig=test.txt
>

> hmmm, if I try the same from gis.m in grass65 I get:
> =================
> [...]
> required: NO
>
> Enter the name of an existing input file
> Hit RETURN to cancel request
> >
> <>
> [$GISBASE]/etc/grass-run.sh: line 29: 20596 Segmentation fault      "$@"
>
> ERROR: i.class exited abnormally. Press <enter> to continue.
> =================
>
> and the xterm closes.

Yes, this is what I was talking about in one of my previous post while using
the wxPython GUI I get this

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2390051/x0.png x0.png

but we already said that was under development.

> Ok, it's a bug: the menu item wasn't opening an xmon for you, and wasn't
> disabling GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE for i.class.
> For the Tcl/Tk GIS.m GUI now fixed in svn, rev 36103.
>
> cd gui/tcltk/
> svn up
> make

I'm sorry Hamish, could you be a bit more "for dummies" for me ? :-) I'm
still not so familiar with this. Do I have to go in the tcltk directory and
run svn up -> make? Or do I have to download something somewhere. Again, I
got the 6.4 version from Sid but now I switched back on Lenny...would that
work the same?
Besides, are you suggesting to switch back to the tcltk GUI to make it
work?..I kind of liked the wxPython one.

> Hamish

Cheers,
mitch