[GRASS-user] Problem adding new project, pg 37 of Grass book, Section 3.2

Dan Connors dpconnors at ieee.org
Thu Feb 26 10:56:47 EST 2009

I have built Grass 6.40RC3 on Ubuntu 8.10.  When I follow the example for
adding a new project on Page 37
of "Open Source GIS A GRASS GIS Approach" Third Edition, I get an
application error:

can't set "fileOpt::dtnum": parent namespace doesn't exist ...

I saw a similar posting from several months ago, but there was no solution
provided.  Can someone point me to a fix for this problem?

Thank you.

Dan