[GRASS-user] qgis + grass-plugin = gdal-problem (update)

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Feb 27 06:47:50 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 11:47 +0100, achim wrote:
> Correction:
>
> achim schrieb:
> > Hallo,
> >
> > starting qgis(1.0.1) with grass64 I can open a grass location, but when
> > I open a rastermap, qgis terminates with following error:
> >
> > qgis: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/gdalplugins/gdal_GRASS.so: undefined
> > symbol: G_no_gisinit
> >
> > When I start qgis with grass63 installed, qgis terminates immediately
> > with the same error.
>
> sorry: not the same error:
>
> qgis: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libqgisgrass.so.1.0: undefined
> symbol: G__no_gisinit
>

> > Any idea why?
> >
> > achim

If you compiled grass64 then have a look in the mail-archive for
"G__no_gisinit". I had the problem myself and it has been discussed some
times. It's probably a bad linking issue. I would recommend to clean
your system from old libraries. Then, proper compilation and
installation should give you the solution.

Kind regards, Nikos