[GRASS-user] qgis + grass-plugin = gdal-problem (update)

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Feb 27 22:09:44 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 13:39 +0100, achim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used the goe-repository files for installing grass (6.4) and grass63.
> Do I have to compile myself? Cant I clean old libraries by myself and
> reinstall grass from the repository?
>
> Thanks,
> achim

Hi Achim!

It's not clear to me which geo-repository you mean. Could you please be
more specific?

First:

* Which operating system do you use?
* Which exact commands did you use to install grass 6.4 and which to
install grass 6.3?
* Why do you need both, version 6.3 and 6.4?

Now partially answering:

* You are not "forced" to compile grass by yourself. There are binaries
ready-to-(install)use.
* Of course you can clean old libraries. If you installed grass from
ubuntu's repository for example, it should be easy to clean everything
by just removing it (preferably with "sudo apt-get purge grass").

BTW, Jachym Cepicky's repository [1] is AFAIK always more up-to-date
than ubuntu's repositories.

Kind regards, Nikos

---
[1] http://les-ejk.cz/ubuntu/