[GRASS-user] DEM export to GeoTiff

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Jan 14 11:40:04 EST 2009

On 14/01/09 16:49, Stefan Mietke wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have a problem with exporting a DEM to *tif.

There's been quite a lot of discussion on the lists concerning
r.out.gdal to GeoTiffs. See for example [1],[2] and the long thread in
the relevant track ticket[3]. Several of the issues (notably the color
table) have been addressed by recent changes which should be in the 6.4
release candidate. So you might want to try with that.

> In a first step I import it via r.in.gdal and in a second step I export
> it with r.out.gdal and the file is not the same anymore. GDAL reduce the
> file to one pixel but a greater storage size..

As mentioned in [1], block size only seems to be relevant for tiles.
What exactly is the problem ? I mean, except for the fact that the files
are not identical, what is going wrong for you ?

Moritz

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.gdal.devel/16395
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/25084
[3] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/73