[GRASS-user] Re: using other projection

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Thu Jan 22 11:53:01 EST 2009

Perhaps a good way to proceed is to read some documentation for a first
approach. This document
https://subversion.gdf-hannover.de/dl.php?download=gdf_grass60_v1.2_en.pdf can help you, especially chapters 4 to 6.

In a few words, you have to create a location according to your
projection parameters (type, datum, ellipsoïd, etc.), another location
in XY coordinate without geocoding in which you import your rasterized
map. Then you can proceed georeferencing from local location towards
target location.

Good luck,

Vincent.