[GRASS-user] GSHHS shoreline import AddOn

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 26 07:06:18 EST 2009

Hi list,

there is a new module in GRASS-AddOns to import GSHHS shorelines (Global
Self-consistent, Hierarchical, High-resolution Shoreline Database) named
v.in.gshhs. Actually this module is not new, it is resurrected and now
works with grass 6.4.
svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/vector/v.in.gshhs/
These shorelines are available at
ftp://ftp.soest.hawaii.edu/pwessel/gshhs/ and are also part of GMT
(Generic Mapping Tools) http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/

Markus, I included you in the list of authors in the description because
you updated the module in 2005. If you're not happy with it, let me know
or delete your name.

Markus M