[GRASS-user] g.region, problem with projection

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Jan 27 20:22:06 EST 2009

Andreas Neumann wrote:

> I have problems with setting g.region - I always get an error message
> like the follows:
>
> region for current mapset <projection field missing>

This error message indicates a missing "proj" key in the region
definition (the WIND file, or a named region specified by the
WIND_OVERRIDE environment variable, or the contents of the
GRASS_REGION environment variable).

The "proj" key is the first one to be tested, so if the region
definition is completely empty, you would also get the above error.

First, check whether either WIND_OVERRIDE or GRASS_REGION are set, by
examining the output from the "env" command. Assuming that they aren't
examine the WIND file in the current mapset. A typical WIND file
should look like:

proj:       1
zone:       13
north:      4928010