[GRASS-user] no output when running i.atcorr

Annekatrien Debien annekatrien.debien at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 12:01:55 EST 2009

Hi all,

I want to do an atmospheric correction of my Landsat ETM+ images using the
i.atcorr module in Grass 6.3 on Ubuntu, but I never get an output. When I
use a DEM in *ialt*, the continuous version or the categorized, of the
region, I just get "wavelength less than 0.25 micron              let's take
s(1)=s(0.25)". I don't insert an altitude value in my *icdn* file however,
since I've read that that value would overwrite the DEM. When I do put in an
altitude value, I get a list with the parameters for the 6S-algorithm, and
then 'percent complete', so that seems to be ok, but the algorithm stops
running, so I don't get a corrected image. Does anyone have experience with
this module, and help me with some tips, preferably so I can use my DEM
instead of one altitude value for the whole image?

This is my *icdn *file when I use the DEM:
8
2 12 08.500 +35.2203028 -2.8893705
1
0
-1
-1000
64

and this when I use one altitude for the whole region:
8
2 12 08.500 +35.2203028 -2.8893705
1
0