[GRASS-user] Can I just get rid of Wish?

Nick Cahill ndcahill at wisc.edu
Mon Jun 8 22:43:07 EDT 2009

I've been having problems with this as well. I'm using William
Kyngsburye's binaries, and had to install Active TclTK 8.5 - twice,
for some reason. With the version I've been able to download (8.5.7)
the gui will open a map display window, but hangs when I try to resize
it; the program becomes unresponsive and I have to kill it. The
wxpython gui, however, is very good - I haven't had a lot of trouble
with it so far.

Cheers,

Nick Cahill