[GRASS-user] Editing dbf, problem

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Wed Jun 10 11:23:40 EDT 2009

I was trying to edit one of my point vector dbf files in the file
PERMANENT/dbf.  I used the spreadsheet in Openoffice to adjust a .dbf
file.  The STR_1 column originally read #1 %64 @"Cat. 64".  I needed
the Cat. 64 for a label on my map so I edited the column to read just
Cat. 64.  Now when I resize the size of the Map Display Window,
everything freezes.  If I leave the map display window alone I can
work with the project a little, but GRASS (or WISH) unexpectedly
quits, usually sooner rather than later.  I tried to at the #1 %64
with the quotation marks back, but this didn't help.  Can anyone tell
what the problem is and how to fix it?  Since I am using Qgis to do
the actual displaying (and it doesn't seem to have the problem) I'll
be fine, unless I have to adjust something in GRASS.  Then I will need
a back up plan.

Thanks for any insight that people may have.

Kurt