[GRASS-user] restoring region
hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 14 06:17:08 EDT 2009
> I recently moved to a new system, and restored all my home
> directory from a backup device on an external USB drive,
> which kept everything with the same permissions as the
> source directory. In the new system with the restored
> home directory, grass has problems setting the
> region to default, even though the WIND file in the
> PERMANENT mapset doesn't show any problems:
stuff to check
- file permissions
- your current user is the owner of the mapset files, write permission
is not enough
- MS Win filesystem on USB drive didn't lowercase some of the all caps
file names like WIND and PROJ_INFO.
- current filesystem doesn't play any tricks with that either
- it didn't decide to retranslate to CRLF line endings during the copy.
- make a new location by EPSG code or data file, test and compare..
More information about the grass-user