[GRASS-user] GIS Manager map properties (wxpython)

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:00:21 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Don't know if someone already reported this or if it's just happening
in my machine. I'm using Grass 6.4RC5 from les-ejk ubuntu repositories
(great job on the repositories, by the way!) and I noticed something
strange in the wxpython GIS Manager.

I have 2 maps on the GIS Manager, a raster and a vector, and the
raster is selected. If I try to change the vector properties, like
line color, by clicking in the edit preferences button of the vector
map (small button to the right of the map name), the d.rast dialog
opens (since the raster is selected) and not the d.vect dialog I
expected. In order to change the line color of the vector I first have
to select the vector map and then click on the preferences button.
Shouldn't just clicking on the button, regardless if the map is
selected or not, bring the correct preferences dialog?

By the way, I just started using the WxPython interface for good and I
got to say it's great. The only drawback is that it's slower than the
tcltk interface. But that is probably due to my very weak and old
laptop (1Ghz Transmeta Crusoe processor)

Cheers and thanks
Daniel