[GRASS-user] Central tendency with Grass

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Mar 4 07:46:47 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 01:02 -0800, leonidas wrote:
> I need to calculate some Central tendency quotients like Mean Center,
> Weighted Mean Center and Standard Distance. Are there any tools to implement
> it with Grass Gis (or other OS software)? It may be easy to extract the
> point coordinates of a shp and make the calculations but I'd like to know if
> there is any build in tool in Grass GIS or other OS soft.Thanks, Leonidas

Leonida,

could you be a bit more specific?

You need to upload in specific points values like mean, weighted mean,
standard distance, etc? If yes, how big should be your radius for each
point, i.e. how big will be your circle from which the numbers will
come?

There are lot's of tools in GRASS and you just need to synthesise them
to find the solution you need.

Cheers, Nikos