[GRASS-user] Building GRASS on Windows

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Mar 19 12:41:01 EDT 2009

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Markus Neteler wrote:

> A related suggestion: some libraries need manual modifications
> (zlib etc). Would you be willing to package all those precompiled libs
> into a convenient ZIP file which we could host on grass.osgeo.org?

Just wondering why not use zlib and libjpeg from the gnuwin32 project
instead of compiling them manually? The internationalisation packages
(libintl, libiconv and gettext) from there also work well "out of the box"
and gives mult-language support to GRASS on Windows.

I just noticed gnuwin32 has pdcurses as well (I think that is new) - so
maybe manual compilation of it could also be avoided. Freetype also seems
to be there which is pretty useful to include too.

Paul