[GRASS-user] v.to.db: obscenely large area values for tiny islands ?!

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Mar 23 14:59:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> first - does every island has a unique CAT?
> second - if Yes, can You, please, provide sample data/location?
> Areas *should* be correct, still there's some interesting category
> related manipulations in v.to.db and without test data I'm too lazy
> search for possible bugs :)

I suspect that Peter works in LatLong which still may cause troubles
(Wolf fixed the geodetic length in Nov 2005, though).

Peter: GRASS 6.3.0 is getting dated, could you try with 6.4.0RC3 instead?
http://grass.osgeo.org/download/index.php#g64x
-> OpenSUSE

Then we could fix things before the official 6.4.0 release.

Markus