[GRASS-user] EPSG 3035

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Mar 27 05:52:45 EDT 2009

On 26/03/09 11:04, Laura Poggio wrote:
> Sorry I hit reply instead of reply to all.
>
> The versions of the software are:
> GRASS 6.3.0

Ok, trying with 6.3 and proj 4.6, I get:

GRASS 6.3.0 (newLocation):~ > g.proj -c location=eee epsg=3035
WARNING: Datum <unknown> not recognised by GRASS and no parameters found.
Location eee created!

And g.proj -p in that new location gives:

-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area
proj       : laea
ellps      : wgs84
lat_0      : 52
lon_0      : 10
x_0        : 4321000
y_0        : 3210000
no_defs    : defined
-PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
unit       : Meter
units      : Meters
meters     : 1

However, trying the same in GRASS 6.5svn and same proj version, I get no
warning and g.proj -p in the resulting location gives:

  g.proj -p
-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : Lambert Azimuthal Equal Area
proj       : laea
datum      : etrs89
ellps      : grs80
lat_0      : 52
lon_0      : 10
x_0        : 4321000
y_0        : 3210000
no_defs    : defined
unit       : metre
units      : metres
meters     : 1

So, don't know exactly where the problem lies but it seems to be fixed
in later versions (can't try 6.4rc right now). Cc'ing Paul in case he knows.

Moritz