[GRASS-user] v.whar.vect does not respond

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Mon May 4 17:42:47 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 21:45 +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Nikos Alexandris
> <nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> > Since last update of grass6_devel (a few days back) v.what.vect does not
> > "work" anymore!?
> >
> > It starts counting some percentages and then... that was it. It just
> > stays there...
> >
> > Anyone had/has issues with it before I spend time on trying to debug?
>
> I tried in Spearfish:
>
> g.copy vect=archsites,myarchsites
> v.db.addcol myarchsites col="owner varchar(25)"
> v.what.vect myarchsites qvect=fields column=owner qcolumn=label
> # verification:
> v.db.select myarchsites
>
> No problem... Add -x to the first line in the v.what.vect script to
> see the script execution stepwise. Then you'll see where is
> stops:
> http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Debugging#Shell_script_debugging
>
> Markus

Just a quick feedback before doing real-testing:

I have some point vectors (created last week) and v.what.vect indeed
works fine on/with them. Now, if I take one of those point vectors
(g.copy), drop a column just for fun (v.db.dropcol), add it back again
(v.db.addcol column='test integer') v.what.vect does not work anymore on
the _newly_ added column.

Will test on spearfish data to see if I can replicate this.

Nikos