[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] Seeking old version

peter.loewe at gmx.de peter.loewe at gmx.de
Tue May 5 17:00:47 EDT 2009

Markus,

for what its worth, I have a CDROM snapshot (?) dating from 1998, featuring:

-------------------
So, what is new in GRASS 4.2.1                  (22. September 1998)
and what is the difference to BAYLOR´s version?

The major point is a lot of bugfixing. There is still no
floating point in raster files, but we all hope for GRASS 5.0
in summer 1998.

The difference between my package and the original Baylors GRASS 4.2
are
   - elimination of errors in several modules (read history file)
   - changed r.le 2.1 to version 2.2
   - cleaning the package structure
   - addition of lots of modules (see below in src.alpha).
   - tcltkgrass - the new graphical user interface is added

Does this help ?
Snailmail ?

Those were the days,
Peter