[GRASS-user] How to get name and coordinate of crossing vector

hardinej hardinej at gmail.com
Wed May 13 21:15:56 EDT 2009

pavallo wrote:

> Example
> I have a road "A".
> There are many roads that crosses the "A" one.
> I need to know the name of those roads and coordinate and angle of point
> of cross and elevation value.

I am having a similar problem. I was reading the man pages of v.clean. it
looks like you can at least get the intersection points by maybe patching
all the roads "A" and the others using v.patch. and then you can use,
v.clean input=patchedRoads output=patchedRoadsOutput err=points tool=break.
Supposedly, that should write the intersection points to "points". Maybe you
can rig something up with v.distance blahblahblah upload=to_angle. I'm not
sure if that would help.
eric