[GRASS-user] Re: IN: raster-flow-direction OUT:vector-network? (achim)

achim ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Wed May 20 19:22:25 EDT 2009

Thanks for reply,

but thats not exactly what I am searching for. I can not to use the
accumulation values, because

i) I want to figure out the watersheds on parts of the network
(beginning from certain points of the river network to separate some
basins on different levels; I already wrote a script to do it with the
direction raster map, but its slow and it does not allow me to do ii)

ii) I am going to do some statistics on stream lengths /accumulations on
network parts

iii) I need to separate parallel flowing streams from each other which
does not work on my current resolution

I start with pre-produced flow direction, accumulation...

Any workaround idea or scripting tips?

cheers again,
achim

PS: illustration on
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/attachments/20090520/6198f353/rasterflow-to-network.png

PPS:
> r.mapcalc 'log_accumulation=log(abs(accumulation)+1)'
QUESTION:
why abs? accumulation values should be positive!?