[GRASS-user] use rgbcolumn for vector line in vareas ps.map

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 02:33:34 EDT 2009

maning wrote:
> I have an vector polygon where an attribute column defines the rgb
> color for ps.map.  The problem is, vareas options does not allow to
> use the rgbcolumn for line color.  Setting the width to very small
> doesn't help either.  Is there a way to disable line render in vareas.

to turn off boundaries set "color none"

rgbcolumn also works for pattern color by the way.

you can use a second vlines command with "type boundary" to draw
boundary lines, but typically those will not have category numbers
(and thus no GRASSRGB entry) because it is ambiguous as to which area
the boundary belongs to, i.e. take the color from the left or right
side of the line?

for vpoints see also http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/342

> Or should I split the vector polys into separate layer of polygon
> categories (too many).

  where cat IS >= x AND cat IS <= y
? (or similar SQL query for repeated vareas calls)

Hamish