[GRASS-user] error using r.sim.water

Bernd Tyrna berndtyrna at web.de
Wed May 27 10:18:30 EDT 2009

Hello!

Has anyone experience with using r.sim.water under Windows? I'm planning to
use it for the simulation of flash flood events.
I tried it with a DEM (1m resolution) with the following region setting:

g.region -p

rojection: 99 (Transverse Mercator)
zone:       0
datum:      potsdam
ellipsoid:  bessel
north:      5377000.5
south:      5375999.5
west:       3502999.5
east:       3504000.5
nsres:      1
ewres:      1
rows:       1001
cols:       1001
cells:      1002001

I calculated the first order partial derivative dx and dy with
r.slope.aspect
(Do I have to use degrees in the settings?)

Leaving everything else unchanged for a testrun, I get the following message
and r.sim.water crashes:

"r.sim.water.exe hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden."
("r.sim.water.exe has detected a problem and has to be closed")

Can anyone tell me what's going wrong? Would it be better to use GRASS under
Linux for this purpose?

Thanks for your help,

Bernd