[GRASS-user] Grass-GIS 6.4 - v.digit and tcl-tk

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat May 30 07:20:30 EDT 2009

Richard Chirgwin wrote:
> A simple one, I hope:
>
> v.digit returns:
> v.digit: error while loading shared libraries: libtk8.4.so:
> cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> - Running 6.4 on OpenSUSE 11.1
>
> - I have installed and compiled tcl-tk 8.4
>
> - I recompiled Grass-GIS using --with-tcltk=/usr/include/
> (which contains tcl.h)
>
> Any suggestions?

what does this say:
$ locate libtk8.4.so

if it is in /usr/local/lib is that listed in /etc/ld.so.conf?
in not, add it and as root run ldconfig.

if it exists but not by that name (e.g. as libtk8.4.so.0), make a symlink
to the libtk8.4.so name from the .0 name (simplify, but obviously don't
lie about the version number).

Hamish