[GRASS-user] Specifying Units: r.in.gdal Within wxPython

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Nov 14 08:40:54 EST 2009

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, Martin Landa wrote:

>>  Starting grass64 with the '-wxpython' option does not appear to provide a
>> window where I can manually enter a command. I found the menu item for
>
> Layer Manager -> Cmd (the bottom-most part of the window)

Martin,

   Thank you. I saw that after sending the message.

   I really appreciate the work of those folks who developed the wxPython
GUI. Years ago I started doing the same thing, but stopped when my business
moved away from GIS-related projects. While I normally prefer a CLI, for
certain applications (such as GRASS and using LyX rather than LaTeX in
emacs), the GUI is much more efficient. My thanks to them!

   Now I have the potential of incorporating spatial analyses in the projects
we do so I'll be more fully participating on the list and probably
contributing code to the project.

Rich