[GRASS-user] % of cover class upstream

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 18:48:46 EST 2009

> I have a DEM, a drainage  and a Cover mapa, and I need to
> estimate - for ANY pixel of my drainage - what is the
> amount of my cover classes that "contribute" (or are upstream)
> of that pixel.

I'm not sure what is meant by 'for any pixel of my drainage', however,
r.water.outlet will calculate a contributing area to a given user
defined pixel in an accumulation map.

Then once the contributing area is delineated, you could intersect
that with your land cover layer and calculate the percentages within
that CA of given land use.

Alternatively, if using the r.stream.* addon modules, sub-basins can
be delineated for a given stream network using r.stream.basins, and
those could also be used to intersect the land cover and generate
percent cover.

Mark