[GRASS-user] Re: Spatial interpolation of river network observations

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 05:28:13 EST 2009

Hi Ulrich,

AFAIK the algorithm to calculate the hydrological distance is actually
r.stream.distance.

Hope this helps

Margherita

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:52:45 +0100 From: Ulrich Leopold
<Ulrich.Leopold at Tudor.lu> Subject: [GRASS-user] Spatial interpolation of
river network observations To: R-sig-geo list
<r-sig-geo at stat.math.ethz.ch>, grass-user at lists.osgeo.org Message-ID:
<4B02726D.4050002 at Tudor.lu> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Dear all,

I would like to interpolate 17 pollution observations in a storage lake
in 3 dimensions (x,y,z).

As I understand variogram analysis and kriging are not straightforward
as we are dealing with non-euclidean (hydrologic) distances and
down-stream direction.

Could someone point me to some algorithms which can roughly estimate the
3d pollution body accounting for hydrologic distances?

--
Eng. Margherita Di Leo
Ph.D. Candidate

University of Basilicata