[GRASS-user] Reprojecting Vector Map

Pablo Carreira pablotcarreira at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 24 15:29:15 EST 2009

Hi Rich,

I have a general theory that may help you:

Assumptions:
-Very well defined LOCATION parameters is the foundation to perfectly combine maps of different sources.
-The experience tells me that some data are even in the correct reference system, but sometimes the "info" that comes with it sometimes not.
-Each coutry has it's adequated reference system.
-GIS and GPS comes with a lot of reference systems, but they follow an international standard.
-Those standards sometimes differ a little from the "real parameters".

What I do:
-I always take control of my LOCATIONS by methodically defining all the parameters with proj.4 sentences before starting a job.
-Some location is a "receptacle" for data.
-One location is for the work.

Pablo Torres Carreira