[GRASS-user] Database driver problem

Erik lash lash.erik at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 03:14:04 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm a noob learning GRASS for a class. I've encountered a similar problem on
WinXP with the current install and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

(Mon Oct 05 03:03:44 2009)
v.info -c streets_wake
Displaying column types/names for database connection of layer 1:
Invalid argument: can't _spawnl
ERROR: Unable to open driver <dbf>
(Mon Oct 05 03:03:44 2009) Command finished (0 sec)

What I know is that it occurs in both TCLTK and WxPython. It is specifically
related to the -c flag as other flags work fine. It isn't path or space
dependent - I tried with spaces and without on different drives and folder
locations. The dbf is not corrupted nor is it locked for some reason - I can
connect to it with ArcGIS and can open and edit it in excel. It isn't an
unregistered dll - I manually re-registered all the dlls in the GRASS
install folder. It isn't a user setting that I know of in the registry - I
manually deleted all orphan registry references to grass I could locate
after I uninstalled in an attempt to clear the problem earlier tonight.

I'm new to grass, not that familiar with the commands, and not sure where to
go next with this.

Thanks for any help you can give me.