[GRASS-user] HowTo fix country border topology problem?

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 17:43:07 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/10/18 Brent Wood <b.wood at niwa.co.nz>:
> One of the reasons I don't use GRASS is that projections are tied to
> workspaces, instead of datasets & I use data in several projections
> concurrently, I don't want to have to keep several copies of the same
> dataset as required by GRASS.

right, projection is related to GRASS location. Or better to say all
data layers from one GRASS location need to be in the same projection.

If you have data layers in different projections, for every projection
you need to have separate GRASS location and re-project vector layers
by manually (v.proj). This could be simplified with GRASS 7 and better
OGR support. Then you could access different e.g. PostGIS layers
directly. Those layers would be reprojected by PostGIS into projection
matching GRASS location settings.

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa