[GRASS-user] Using GRASS and R at the same time (wxpython)

Martin Mainzer martmai at gmx.de
Thu Oct 29 06:22:19 EDT 2009

Hello at all
I do my statistical analyses with R. In the old tcltk-GUI I used "Run
(background)" to start R from within the GRASS GUI. Within the new
wxpython-GUI I would like to have the same behaviour, but I do not know
how to manage it. If I run "rgui" in the cmd section, GRASS will not
accept any other command. "rgui&" fails (also "rgui.exe&" and "rgui.exe
&". How can I use GRASS and R at the same time, without freezing of
GRASS during R is running (from within the new wxpython-GUI).
I used the binary installer for windows
(WinGRASS-6.4.0SVN-r39626-1-Setup.exe) on a W2k machine.
Martin