[GRASS-user] r.in.gdal error

Alexandre VILLERS alexandre.villers at cebc.cnrs.fr
Sat Sep 12 09:41:10 EDT 2009

Good afternoon,

While trying to import ("r.in.gdal") an ESRI grid (.adf downloaded from
WorldClim) within a location created with EPSG 4326 (WGS1984 lon lat), I
get the following message "G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North"
Looking quickly into the list archive and in r.in.gdal manual, I found
this might come from a file with no coordinate system. However, I
checked this with ArcGis and the file I try to import has the right
datum and a prj.adf along with the hdr.adf (the target file for r.in.gdal).
So what does that mean ? Can't GRASS read the prj.adf ? Or is there
something else ?

Alex

P.S.: if there is no solution I will try what is suggested by the
manual, even if I did not fully get what was suggested yet...

--
Alexandre Villers
PhD Student

Phone +33 (0)5 49 09 96 13