[GRASS-user] New addon: r.denoise. Denoise topography including SRTM

Frank Broniewski liste at geo-dienstleistung.de
Wed Sep 16 04:39:55 EDT 2009

Hi John,

I want to try your module with my srtm data, but I always get out of memory
messages. Maybe I am just to ambitious with my region settings :-) , but could
you provide some hints on general memory usage?

Or should I program a script for a moving window so I get smaller regions? Are
there any problems then on the connecting borders, e.g. differnently smoothed
surfaces at the edges?

// messages and script call ...
r.denoise in=dgm out=dgm_denoise iterations=5 threshold=0.99
n1: 5
n2: 50
Read Model...
Triangulation...