[GRASS-user] QGIS: Segmentation fault

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 10:42:13 EDT 2009

some reports in,

Jorge wrote:
> I've started qgis without any problem and loaded some plugins.
> See screenshot at with north arrow plugin and so on
> http://img44.yfrog.com/i/screenshotkj.png/

[on the UbuntuGIS mailing list, where this conversation should be
continued, (as they made the package)   http://lists.osgeo.org , ...]

András wrote:
> I appologize to join to this discuss, but I have the same problem as
>  Benedikt. Since I have been changed to linux mint(ubuntu 9.04) from SUSE
>  11.1 I can not start qgis. (either 1.2 nor 1.3)
>
> the Qgis is stopping with the same segmentation error immediatelly after
>  the Python modules are loading into
> ii  libgdal1-1.6.0 1.6.2-3~jaunty Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
> ii  libgdal1-1.6.0 1.6.2-3~jaunty GRASS extension for the GDAL library
> ii  libgdal1-dev   1.6.2-3~jaunty Geospatial Data Abstraction Library -
>  Develo un  libgdal1c2     <nincs>        (nincs leírás)
> un  libgdal1c2a    <nincs>        (nincs leírás)
> ii  qgis           1.3.0-1~jaunty Geographic Information System (GIS)

akkk, terminal just 1 character too narrow to show the full versions ...

Benedikt wrote:
> Thanks for your help. But I not really know what have to do next.
>  Do I have to type this term in the Terminal??
>
> $ dpkg -l grass qgis 'libgdal*'

yes, to see what versions of the packages you have installed.
pull the terminal wide enough so that the full version number shows.

to follow Alan's advice, try upgrading and see if there are any
new packages waiting in the UbuntuGIS repository.

Hamish