[GRASS-user] Can't initialize wxpython GRASS6.4

Jenny Turner jennyturner1980 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 18:49:46 EDT 2010

Greetings
I have just installed in my old laptop a Ubuntu Karmic version of GRASS
(6.4). I know it's not new but I'm getting an ODD error that it's not
suppose to happen.
I have placed nc_spm_08 data in /home/jenny/data folder and everytime I do
sudo grass64 -wxpython
When it's open GRASS GIS layer Manager I get an error window  stating:
Unable to get current geographic extent. Force quiting wxGUI. Please run
manually g.region to fix the problem.

This is weird because it's suppose to work right? Any ideas?
Jenny