[GRASS-user] problems using v.net.salesman

Gianluca Gasperini gluca_gasperini at yahoo.it
Wed Apr 21 00:53:40 EDT 2010

Dear List,

It's my first time question. Its' about 1 year that I'm using Grass 6.4 RC5 and Qgis 1.4 under my ubuntu 9.04
I'm a user and not a software expert

At the moment I'm working on a little project and I have to prepare routes for workers, they have to visit many spot in one area.

I decided to use network analyst and use v.net.salesman

The dataset is:
 - [layer A] map of the routes (topology ok)
 - [layer B] point layer with the place to be visited

for first I use 'v.net op= connect (treshold=500)' to connect all the layer B to the Layer A
this command woks good and have not problems, also when I look at the new layer I don't see any problems, using 'v.category op=report' I receive good news

I run 'v.net.salsesman'
(v.net.salesman -g input=net_siniscola_nord at nuoro output=salesman_siniscola_nord type=line alayer=1 nlayer=2 ccats=1-506)

using the layer created by v.net and I receive this error:

----------------------------
Number of cities: [505]
Building graph...
Registering arcs...

Flattening the graph...

Graph was built

Destination node [551] is unreachable from node [605]

I don't understand why!?!

- Is possible look where are the node mentioned abve because I don't find any connection beetween that code with id or cat codes in the table?
- Is possible check the net to be shure that the topology is real correct?

I also try:
- to restrict the cat number (eg. 1-100 instead 1-506) and sometimes works
- to use another dataset that last year worked, and this year gives problems
- to create (digitize) a little linear (10 segments, topology ok) and point layer (70 points), crate the net using v.net op=connect, and after win v.net.salesman and I have the same errors

I'm becaming a little bit crazy....!

I hope to be clear and I'm sorry for my english but I'm not very well

I hope also that somebody can help me because the workers are waiting for my lists and at the moment I'm not able to prepare for them and I don't understand why.

thanks in advance to everybody
Regards
Gianluca