[GRASS-user] Re: Extract coordinates of vertices/nodes

MS mseibel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 09:17:18 EDT 2010

If a polygon has no other touching it, it should have 2 nodes and at
least 2 verticies.

When polygons touch other polygons, topology comes into play.   So
when polygon B is adjacent to, and touching polygon A, that makes a
node because it is a shared line segment between polygon A and B.  The
lines break with nodes when other features connect, to create
topologically correct, non-overlapping polygons.

Mark

On Apr 30, 2010, at 8:15 AM, Sophie Leguedois <sophie.leguedois at ensaia.inpl-nancy.fr