[GRASS-user] Error while creating vectorial file in WinGRASS

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 02:50:59 EDT 2010

You need to run db.connect to select a database backend to use
first. (There is no VAR file in the mapset yet)

Manage databases -> connect

see the help page for details, I usually just cut and paste out of the examples. v.db.addtable can probably do this automatically.

Vector database connections -> New Table

Most modules should create the connection if needed using the default
DB (dbf in grass 6.4) if it is needed, but because db.execute is "raw"
perhaps it shouldn't and whatever in the GUI is calling that should
check that first.

Hamish

Kim Besson wrote:
- Error in command execution db.executeExecution failed: 'db.execute --q'Details: Error: Unable to start driver <(null)>
And the following is printed in Command Output:
Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:/GRASS6/etc/wxpython/wxgui.py", line 546, inOnNewVector
cmdDef=(['v.edit', 'tool=create'], "map"))
  File "C:\GRASS6\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\gdialogs.py",line 192, in CreateNewVector
stdin=sql)  File "C:\GRASS6\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\gcmd.py", line
369, in __init__
_("Error: ") + self.GetError()))gui_modules.gcmd.CmdErrorTraceback (most recent call last):  File "C:/GRASS6/etc/wxpython/wxgui.py", line 546, in
OnNewVector
cmdDef=(['v.edit', 'tool=create'], "map"))  File "C:\GRASS6\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\gdialogs.py",line 192, in CreateNewVector

stdin=sql)  File "C:\GRASS6\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\gcmd.py", line369, in __init__
_("Error: ") + self.GetError()))gui_modules.gcmd
.CmdError
I believe this was not expected but, what might be wrong?
Thanks
Kim
I have installed WinGRASS-6.4.SVN-r42868-1-Setup.exe in my WinXP machine and, when I  select Vector/Develop Vector Map/Create new vector map, I place output name and check Create Attibute table I get an error windows stating: