[GRASS-user] Problems with a GeoTIFF referenced in Gauss Boaga system

Giacomo Piva piva at meeo.it
Thu Aug 5 10:14:48 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I'm fighting with r.in.gdal function and a GeoTiff gereferenced in the
Gauss Boaga system.

I have this GeoTiff that is originlly georeferenced in the WGS84 system
and I need to convert it into Gauss Boaga system using the "gdalwarp"
GDAL command tool.
Moreover I need to convert this raster in a shapefile using the
r.to.vect GRASS command.

This is the (correct) gdalinfo output of mu Gauss Boaga GeoTiff:
Coordinate System is:
PROJCS["Monte Mario / Italy zone 1",
     GEOGCS["Monte Mario",
         DATUM["Monte_Mario",
             SPHEROID["International 1924",6378388,297.000000000005,
                 AUTHORITY["EPSG","7022"]],
             AUTHORITY["EPSG","6265"]],
  PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],
         UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433],
         AUTHORITY["EPSG","4265"]],
     PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],
     PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",0],
     PARAMETER["central_meridian",9],
     PARAMETER["scale_factor",0.9996],
     PARAMETER["false_easting",1500000],
     PARAMETER["false_northing",0],
     UNIT["metre",1,
         AUTHORITY["EPSG","9001"]],
     AUTHORITY["EPSG","3003"]]

When I run the command
r.in.gdal -o -e input=<inputfile.tif> output=inputraster location=location

I get this error about the region
ERROR: region for current mapset is not set
        run "g.region"

The g.region -p command return:
projection: 0 (x,y)
zone:       0
north:      2030
south:      0
west:       0
east:       1354
nsres:      1
ewres:      1
rows:       2030
cols:       1354
cells:      2748620

How should I do?

The same image georeferenced in the WGS84 system is properly loaded, so
I'm wondering about to convert the GeoTiff AFTER loading int GRASS, but
I don't know how.

Does someone can help me?

Thank you

--