[GRASS-user] GRASS-R for image classifcation - Is it possible?

Chethan S chethanuniversal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 02:19:16 EDT 2010

Hello everybody!

For my academic project work I intend to use only open-source software. My
objective is to carry out classification of satellite digital images using
Geostatistics. I found out GRASS is a good software for image processing.
Also a good geostatistics software is R. It is also known that R can be used
in combination with GRASS. But I am not able to confirm that satellite
digital image classification can be carried out using geostatistical
analysis with GRASS in combination with R.

Can anybody confirm the capability of the software in question or give any
alternative suggestions?

Regards,

Chethan S.

--
Chethan S.
PG Student | Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems

*e-mail:* chethanuniversal at gmail.com
*Blog:* http://gischethans.blogspot.com
         http://gischethans.wordpress.com
*Twitter:* http://twitter.com/gischethans