[GRASS-user] Clipping rasters

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Aug 10 15:57:37 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 10 of August 2010 18:02:12 Martin Landa wrote:

> > #replace the above and use r.mapcalc instead:
> > r.mapcalc MASK=border
>
> why?

Right. I should first ask what the values compose the raster that is to become
a MASK. In the past I had problems with r.mask (if it is important I will
trace down the thread) I think when using it on floating point maps (values
like 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, etc.) and they got rounded (or truncated?) to 0 or
something similar.

But, in this case the "value=1" is assigned so it should make no difference. I
was too quick. Sorry.

Nikos