[GRASS-user] Opensource and pretty maps design anybody?

kapo coulibaly kmcoulib at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 14:12:15 EDT 2010

Thank you all for your suggestions. I've used qgis quite a bit, it has a
nice GUI but it is not very good with pretty maps. I'll give the SVG format,
GMT and other graphic softwares a try. But how do you handle large numbers
of feature (contour labeling)? It can be pretty tedious if you are going to
cycle through various attributes attached to the same features. I think
there is a case to be made that there is a gap to be filled. Opensource GIS
software (Grass GIS, qGIS, Mapwindow, Saga...etc) could use some enhancement
in this department.