[GRASS-user] Displaying layers - GRASS 6.4.0RC7 with MSYS

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 15:07:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

2010/8/29 Chethan S <chethanuniversal at gmail.com>:
> g.region rast=elevation -p
> d.erase

d.erase won't work in wxGUI, click on button "Erase display" in the
map display toolbar.

> d.rast elevation
> d.his h=elevation i=elevation_shade and so on...
>
> use gis.m. I want it to display in wxGUI. The commands I typed in gave no
> results. The map display of wxGUI interface gives no output unless I key in
> the commands one after another in GRASS Layer Manager under "Cmd>". Its a

d.rast & d.his should work. If you type these commands in wxGUI
command line new map layer should be added to the layer tree and the
map displayed in the map canvas.

> difficult process as I have to erase the previous command before entering
> next one.
>
> Is there any other way to get dynamic outputs from MSYS shell interface or
> is using GUI the only way. I am not interested in using the windows command
> interface or text interface to grass.

Try improved wxGUI including advanced command line prompt in GRASS 6.5 [1].

Martin

[1] http://josef.fsv.cvut.cz/wingrass/grass65/

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa