[GRASS-user] Re: Importing of raster data doesn't seem to work through GUI

Chethan S. chethanuniversal at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 11:58:22 EST 2010

That python script seems to be useful. However I want my data in a different
arrangement. I don't know python and it is given that it creates separate
mapsets for each image. So it is difficult for me to edit that.

As I have several images pertaining to same year, I wanted them to be in
separate mapsets like "sat2001", "sat2006" etc. As of now I type one
r.in.gdal command in the terminal and edit it for further imports using the
history feature. So I was looking for an easy way through the GUI.