[GRASS-user] Can I use r.mapcalc to create "sorted" elevation raster?

Catlike cogreg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 05:51:28 EST 2010

Thank you for reading.
I am trying to use r.mapcalc, through QGIS, to take an elevations raster
with a wide variety of values and create a new elevations raster which only
contains those cells that have a value over a certain number (in this case,
300 meters).
Unfortunately, the QGIS graphic user interface does not show me what the
actual command I create is.
What I get when I run the command is a new raster in which every cell has
been converted to equal 300 meters!
What should I do differently?
Again, thank you.