[GRASS-user] Hydraulic Models With GRASS (Rich Shepard)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Feb 18 17:12:30 EST 2010

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, Adam Tokelove wrote:

> HEC-RAS will run under Wine, you will need to find, install and register
> MFC40.dll - there is some guidance on it on the net.

Adam,

   I admit it's been about 10 years since I looked at wine and tried to get
anything other than games to run on it. This is good to know!

> The command line version of SWMM is a 10 minute exercise to compile on
> Linux. The challenge would be presenting it with the correct output from
> GRASS. Guidance is available from the EPA website as to what the run files
> should look like.

   Great! I may well have a project coming up in the near future that will
benefit from this.

> I've got both (above) running under OpenSUSE.

   I run Slackware so I'm used to building my applications from source. One
day I might even try to make a SlackBuild script for GRASS. :-)

Thanks for the information,

Rich