[GRASS-user] resolution question for DEM interpolation

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 16:43:32 EST 2010

i Have a map set in the following projection that has units feet:

unit: Foot_US
units: Foot_USs
meters: 0.3048006096012192

name: Lambert Conformal Conic
proj: lcc
datum: nad83
a: 6378137.0
es: 0.006694380022900787
lat_1: 34.33333333333334
lat_2: 36.16666666666666
lat_0: 33.75
lon_0: -79
x_0: 609601.2199999997
y_0: 0
no_defs: defined

I am interpolating DEMs from point data that needs to have a final
resolution of 1m x 1m.  If I set the resolution with g.region to 3.28
is that the same as 1 m?  I know this is probably a silly question.

--
Stephen Sefick

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

								-K. Mullis