[GRASS-user] Re: Uploading bounding box of vectors to database?

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Wed Jan 6 17:11:14 EST 2010

> MAP=your_map_name
>
> v.db.addcol $MAP column="north DOUBLE PRECISION, \
>   south DOUBLE PRECISION, east DOUBLE PRECISION, west DOUBLE PRECISION"
>
> eval `v.info -g $MAP`
>
> echo "UPDATE $MAP SET north = $north, south = $south, \
>   east = $east, west = $west" | db.execute
With the latest efforts to offer a cross-platform solution:

How would a windows user solve this or apply your solution?

I am not interested in the actual solution but would rather point at the
fact that many scripts & tricks that process the results from various
GRASS commands such as the statistic modules rely on shel scripting.