[GRASS-user] Compiling NVIZ / OpenGL with nVidia drivers - SOLVED

John A Stevenson john.stevenson at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jan 7 06:32:55 EST 2010

Hamish wrote:
> Glynn wrote:
>
>> If there are separate OpenGL packages for nVidia and X.org,
>> there may be separate development packages, or there may be a single
>> package for use with either version.
>>

> those probably exist, but I've got no idea about them.  (libglu1-*)

Thanks for that.  I got it working by installing just the development
packages for

mesa-common-dev
libglu1-mesa-dev

and providing the includes directory to configure:
--with-opengl-includes=/usr/include/GL/

Previously, installing the mesa binaries had broken my nvidia driver, so
this time I left them out.

Cheers

John

--